Transparency

Occasionally we may post some polls to get feedback from the community. You can also post your own polls here, if you want.

Who thinks there should be more transparency about this project?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 37

Choaf
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Transparency

Post by Choaf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Just wondering how others feel.
In god we trust, all others must pay cash.

parrottm
Member Level 3
Member Level 3
Loading…

Re: Transparency

Post by parrottm » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:15 pm

I voted no because I have worked with more than one company that brought products to market and therefore I may have some perspective perhaps others do not have. There are more than one side to situations like us customers face having backed a Kickstarter project. I have had to suffer more than one failed Kickstarter attempt and therefore have lost money because of them. The fact that we are only a bit later than projected makes me feel good (some of the failed projects I mentioned above finally failed after being late by 1 to 2 years, not weeks).

Having said the above, I understand wanting more information. It is natural to be nervous when things go silent and dates slide. One thing I think needs to be uppermost in our minds is many of the items required to bring us the Replay is out of the hands of the core Replay team. They become like us, waiting for others to give them schedule updates.

Discuss! :)

Choaf
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by Choaf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:33 pm

I get that but thats exactly all we want to see or hear tell us hey guys hit another delay but here we are working away on code and send a pic of the team together or something. To me all these kickstarters do not have a good marketing team or PR team and I know they wont as they are small teams or companies but, someone there has to have this idea of hey why not tell the community we are here in development.

Padrin0
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Padrin0 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:44 pm

I think the team is doing pretty well with transparency. Transparency does not mean everyone is happy and some early posts were, perhaps, not exactly validated but since this community forum was started there has been some good and detailed info posted on the mfg process, timeline, etc. Recently they have even show version of PCB up to April ver! What more do they need to post?

Gary
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Gary » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:03 am

I think things are coming along fine. There has been plenty of transparency.

Choaf
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by Choaf » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:07 pm

I dont know when things get missed or changed I would like to see something told to us without having to beg. I have been burnt by other kickstarters and indiegogo so it just makes me nervous. I will be glad to eat my words if this all finishes strong just wish we had faster updates. Not like this is a huge company that has to get 100 people to write off the press release.

Closov
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Closov » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:13 am

Yeah, I've been very clear that I've been unhappy with the communication about significant changes to the product.

I have never had a problem with the delays, they are totally expected and totally fine.

I too, have experienced of bringing products to market and I recognize when half-truths are being hinted, kites are being flown and RFIs conveniently go unnoticed.

They really could have done much better. Personally, I will not buy from them again and will not recommend them to friends.