Who else is having a easy time with this?

General discussions that don't match any of the other forums go here. Impressions on retro gaming. Overall experience with the replay. Post it here.
mtarallo
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Who else is having a easy time with this?

Post by mtarallo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:10 pm

General discussion to see what problems people are having and what they have done to solved them.

Here are mine:

Edges on TV were expanded over the sides - I needed to set my TV to FIT in the TV menu settings. Initial setup was a lot longer than expected I also performed the update.

The rest of this mentions issues where I really don't have any solutions for.

So far, I hooked up a keyboard and mouse - just way easier to deal with - I honestly did not think I was going to need it when I first backed this project. Well hell, I did not think I was buying a WIndows PC with emulator font-end that ended up looking like an Apple TV. I honestly thought it was going to be similar to a Hyperkin Retron product. This thing is definitely not plug-n-play. I had to manually add some emulators - and not all of them are available or included. Many games suffer from stuttering sound and choppy graphics and tearing (Quake 2 N64). Just for the record, my raspberry pi with retropie was easier to setup in a arcade cab with Jamma controls than this thing. The dreamcade menu has crashed on me at least 5 times already but who's counting. Certain games just hang (Contra Hard Corps, Genesis) - controller schemes for the free 100 games don't work or have no clear indication on how to configure them in the game. When configuring my 8bitdo - not sure why this happens but the control message during the mapping part speeds by automatically when attempting to map the analog sticks. I yet to get the replay xbox 360-like controllers to work. If anything else happens I'll post it here. I really wanted to like this thing and waited over a year for it - but basically I already had this with my modified consoles, computers,Wii, XBOX even a jailbroken iPad.

IN short I'm truly wondering if anyone else is having as much fun as I am with this thing. This definitely was not what I thought it was going to be. I respect the team, but as a consumer I am very disappointed in this.

Tell me your story so far.

Mireille2015

Re: Who else is having a easy time with this?

Post by Mireille2015 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:44 pm

Have you updated the Intel graphic drivers, Replays updates and Window updates?

The emulators are in place. They won't appear until a rom is in the system folder.

To get better performance, there is a new update that adds a new menu called MenuConfig in C:\MenuConfig
Open up the application. And check the MAME VSync. This of course, works for systems being emulated through MAME, For other emulators, there are updates available and minor tweaking involved.

For my Pi board in my pedestal cab, I'm using PowerBlock from Petrock for the sticks and buttons. I'm going to swap it out with X-Arcade logic board
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:08 pm

mtarallo wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:10 pm
General discussion to see what problems people are having and what they have done to solved them.

Here are mine:

Edges on TV were expanded over the sides - I needed to set my TV to FIT in the TV menu settings. Initial setup was a lot longer than expected I also performed the update.

The rest of this mentions issues where I really don't have any solutions for.

So far, I hooked up a keyboard and mouse - just way easier to deal with - I honestly did not think I was going to need it when I first backed this project. Well hell, I did not think I was buying a WIndows PC with emulator font-end that ended up looking like an Apple TV. I honestly thought it was going to be similar to a Hyperkin Retron product. This thing is definitely not plug-n-play. I had to manually add some emulators - and not all of them are available or included. Many games suffer from stuttering sound and choppy graphics and tearing (Quake 2 N64). Just for the record, my raspberry pi with retropie was easier to setup in a arcade cab with Jamma controls than this thing. The dreamcade menu has crashed on me at least 5 times already but who's counting. Certain games just hang (Contra Hard Corps, Genesis) - controller schemes for the free 100 games don't work or have no clear indication on how to configure them in the game. When configuring my 8bitdo - not sure why this happens but the control message during the mapping part speeds by automatically when attempting to map the analog sticks. I yet to get the replay xbox 360-like controllers to work. If anything else happens I'll post it here. I really wanted to like this thing and waited over a year for it - but basically I already had this with my modified consoles, computers,Wii, XBOX even a jailbroken iPad.

IN short I'm truly wondering if anyone else is having as much fun as I am with this thing. This definitely was not what I thought it was going to be. I respect the team, but as a consumer I am very disappointed in this.

Tell me your story so far.

This thing has been a pain the the ass very time consuming definitely not plug and play the ouya was way more easier then this

mtarallo
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by mtarallo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:16 pm

Hello and yes to all updates.

I also know about MenuConfig.exe - check that box - it fixed some tearing issues with NES and SNES games - but still having issues with N64 games.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:41 pm

mtarallo wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:16 pm
Hello and yes to all updates.

I also know about MenuConfig.exe - check that box - it fixed some tearing issues with NES and SNES games - but still having issues with N64 games.
If its playability. Then not all games are going to run on Project64. You can easily go to C:\emulators\n64\Project64.exe.
Open the emulator and Manual tell where your roms are. And check for compatible roms. Might need additional plugins.
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!