Controls

General discussions that don't match any of the other forums go here. Impressions on retro gaming. Overall experience with the replay. Post it here.
roland
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Controls

Post by roland » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 pm

For those that have received the replay how does the red and black controller feel? I bought the 1tb combo with the red and black controller and was wondering if I should get to frys and buy the 8bit dou instead

Jibbz
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Re: Controls

Post by Jibbz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:57 pm

Personally i opted for the xbox 360 wired controller just because it is usually pre-mapped to a lot of PC games. I'm also interested in how well the replay controller works on some games (especially pc titles) but i opted for a basic replay without the HDD dock or controller.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:05 am

roland wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 pm
For those that have received the replay how does the red and black controller feel? I bought the 1tb combo with the red and black controller and was wondering if I should get to frys and buy the 8bit dou instead
I didn't get one either. I have 2 sets of 8bitdo bluetooth and a USB controller. I've heard mixed reviews about them and how they feel.
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!

GEEKCHEAPLY
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by GEEKCHEAPLY » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:29 pm

I am going to use 4 wireless Xbox 360 controllers with an official Microsoft wireless pc controller dongle I had buried in a box . It should work. :D

tomheroes
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by tomheroes » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:01 pm

I have them and I do not recommend them. They have no weight to them and feel cheap. They do the job, but if you plan on doing alot of gaming, get an XBOX controller or something else. I bought a Qanba wireless joystick for playing the classic arcade games. I had to buy a 4 way resister plate to change it to 4 way and it works great. I usually use the XBOX one controller with blutooth for the other systems.

The one good thing I will say about their controllers is you plug in the dongle and they work, no set up. But that is the only redeeming feature.

roland
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by roland » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:42 pm

tomheroes wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:01 pm
I have them and I do not recommend them. They have no weight to them and feel cheap. They do the job, but if you plan on doing alot of gaming, get an XBOX controller or something else. I bought a Qanba wireless joystick for playing the classic arcade games. I had to buy a 4 way resister plate to change it to 4 way and it works great. I usually use the XBOX one controller with blutooth for the other systems.

The one good thing I will say about their controllers is you plug in the dongle and they work, no set up. But that is the only redeeming feature.
thanks

GEEKCHEAPLY
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by GEEKCHEAPLY » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:16 pm

So an Xbox One controller dedicated to the replay connected via Bluetooth should work with no issues as well I'm assuming? OR do you have to reset it up in Windows everytime the replay boots?

I guess what I'm tryingvto say is once an Xbox one controller is setup via Bluetooth with windows, do you have to reset it up on next boot or can you go straight into the replay front end turn on your Xbox one controller and away you go?

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:56 pm

GEEKCHEAPLY wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:16 pm
So an Xbox One controller dedicated to the replay connected via Bluetooth should work with no issues as well I'm assuming? OR do you have to reset it up in Windows everytime the replay boots?

I guess what I'm tryingvto say is once an Xbox one controller is setup via Bluetooth with windows, do you have to reset it up on next boot or can you go straight into the replay front end turn on your Xbox one controller and away you go?
Regardless of what controller you first time set up with Replay. Either Bluetooth or USB, Replay will automatically remember. And no reconfig is necessary.
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!

tomheroes
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by tomheroes » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:23 am

I have not had any problems with the XBOX One controller. Works every time with no problem. But then I also never turn my Replay off, just let it go into sleep mode, so that may make a difference.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:01 am

tomheroes wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:23 am
I have not had any problems with the XBOX One controller. Works every time with no problem. But then I also never turn my Replay off, just let it go into sleep mode, so that may make a difference.
If you press the power button. The Replay will safely shut itself off.