Controls

General discussions that don't match any of the other forums go here. Impressions on retro gaming. Overall experience with the replay. Post it here.
Davidb69
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Re: Controls

Post by Davidb69 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:12 am

My gameplan is to use an Xbox one controller cause it would seem to have less issues as the main player 1 controller, at the same couch where I’ll have the replay I’ll have a wired 360 controller for a second player. I also have a hyperkin wired Xbox one controller that I could use too. My only worry about being awkward is playing genesis games that use 6 buttons. Im curious how they will map and how I’d feel playing after being used to using the genesis controller for years

Depooter
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Depooter » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:52 am

Anyone try a Nintendo switch pro controller? Seems like it would be a good option

Tenshinoshi
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Tenshinoshi » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:31 pm

I personally have the 8BitDo controller. While I haven’t tested it on my Dreamcade (because I haven’t gotten I yet) I have used it for PC play and can honestly say it’s just an OK controller.

For the Dreamcade I specifically bought a wireless Xbox One controller and a Microsoft dongle (because, as someone else had already mentioned, most games and even emulators on PC typically have the Xbox 360/One controllers as a default template).
I aim to misbehave

Steve
Staff
Staff

Post by Steve » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:33 pm

I haven't tested the "pro" controller for the switch but I have tried the ones with multiple skins and that works very well.

https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Wired-Con ... oller&th=1

This one
I'm Lank from California!

Depooter
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Depooter » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Cool. Definitely want a wireless controller and love the Nintendo feel best. Thanks!

Pickle
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Pickle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Tenshinoshi wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:31 pm
I personally have the 8BitDo controller. While I haven’t tested it on my Dreamcade (because I haven’t gotten I yet) I have used it for PC play and can honestly say it’s just an OK controller.

For the Dreamcade I specifically bought a wireless Xbox One controller and a Microsoft dongle (because, as someone else had already mentioned, most games and even emulators on PC typically have the Xbox 360/One controllers as a default template).
I use the SN30 pro 8bitdo for the Dreamcade and it works flawlessly.

I tried the WII U pro controller and it required a passcode and does not work.
Haven’t tried a Switch pro controller yet.

Xbox one just has to be resumed everytime you go from Xbox one s and Dreamcade, which is to be excpected, unless there’s a work around

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:59 pm

Pickle wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 pm
Tenshinoshi wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:31 pm

I use the SN30 pro 8bitdo for the Dreamcade and it works flawlessly.

I tried the WII U pro controller and it required a passcode and does not work.
Haven’t tried a Switch pro controller yet.

Xbox one just has to be resumed everytime you go from Xbox one s and Dreamcade, which is to be excpected, unless there’s a work around
I have the SNES30 (Bluetooth) and NES30 (Bluetooth) from 8bitdo. No issues. The controllers connect much quicker on the Replay than Retropi.
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:08 pm

Steve wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:33 pm
I haven't tested the "pro" controller for the switch but I have tried the ones with multiple skins and that works very well.

https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Wired-Con ... oller&th=1
While I have not tried the Nintendo one I do have a PowerA Liquid Metal Xbox One wired controller (this), and it is a bit on the small side. I wouldn't recommend it.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Bignasty

Post by Bignasty » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Has anyone tried the Replay with a standard PS4 controller through Bluetooth and if so, how does it work?

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:09 pm

I have like 5 PS3 controllers laying around has anyone tried a PS3 controller?