Controls

General discussions that don't match any of the other forums go here. Impressions on retro gaming. Overall experience with the replay. Post it here.
WheatPasta
Loading…

Re: Controls

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:48 pm

Bignasty wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:05 pm
Has anyone tried the Replay with a standard PS4 controller through Bluetooth and if so, how does it work?
Windows in general has issues using the PS4 DS4 controller. It does not use Xinput like most other controllers use. So users with PS4 controllers have had to install Input Mapper to get it to play nicely in Windows.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

roland
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by roland » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:16 am

I have a neo geo x and wonder if the USB neogeox controller would be compatible with the dreamcade if not the should add support for it . It's a well built arcade stick

jsawhite
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by jsawhite » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:36 pm

correa81 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:09 pm
I have like 5 PS3 controllers laying around has anyone tried a PS3 controller?
I use 2 PS3 controllers, but I use this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DSFW5MA) mayflash adapter. It supports both direct input as well as xinput. Although the latter will only let you use one controller, where direct will let you use 4 (albit without vibration)... They work great and I don't really notice any lag...

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:46 pm

jsawhite wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:36 pm
correa81 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:09 pm
I have like 5 PS3 controllers laying around has anyone tried a PS3 controller?
I use 2 PS3 controllers, but I use this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DSFW5MA) mayflash adapter. It supports both direct input as well as xinput. Although the latter will only let you use one controller, where direct will let you use 4 (albit without vibration)... They work great and I don't really notice any lag...
Thanks

coinoptv

Post by coinoptv » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:16 am

First week of having the Dreamcade Replay - so far I've tried these controllers:

NES knockoff wired no-name controller that I bought for $15 --> works well for NES/Arcade titles
X-Arcade Tankstick --> plugged it into my machine but couldn't get it to recognize it, I've seen there is some kinda workaround but it seems Dreamcade may do an update for this in the future (hoping)
8-Bitdo Arcade Stick --> bought one of these at Frys for $80, the Dreamcade Replay recognized it and functioned however there was too much lag and made the games unplayable so I returned it.
Xbox 360 Controller --> I tried both wireless and wired and couldn't get the Dreamcade Replay to recognize the controller which is strange because from what I've read people say it should work?
Nimbus Steelseries --> Windows 10 recognized it but it wouldn't do anything in the Dreamcade Replay system.

Also -- something very strange it seems like whenever I downloaded and played a new rom I always had to go in and configure the joystick controls, even if I was using the same controller over and over again with the same button configuration. This got rather annoying after a while and I'm sure it must be some kinda hiccup in the Dreamcade Replay system/coding -- I'd be curious to see if anyone is else is having to do this or if there's some kinda step I've missed in the setup.....

-Rob
Last edited by coinoptv on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Choaf
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by Choaf » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:37 pm

coinoptv wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:16 am
First week of having the Dreamcade Replay - so far I've tried these controllers:

NES knockoff wired no-name controller that I bought for $15 --> works well for NES/Arcade titles
X-Arcade Tankstick --> plugged it into my machine but couldn't get it to recognize it, I've seen there is some kinda workaround but it seems Dreamcade may do an update for this in the future (hoping)
8-Bitdo Arcade Stick --> bought one of these at Frys for $80, the Dreamcade Replay recognized it and functioned however there was too much lag and made the games unplayable so I returned it.
Xbox 360 Controller --> I tried both wireless and wired and couldn't get the Dreamcade Replay to recognize the controller which is strange because from what I've read people say it should work?
Nimbus Steelseries --> Windows 10 recognized it but it wouldn't do anything in the Dreamcade Replay system.

Also -- something very strange it seems like whenever I downloaded and played a new rom I always had to go in and configure the joystick controls, even if I was using the same controller over and over again with the same button configuration. This got rather annoying after a while and I'm sure it must be some kinda hiccup in the Dreamcade Replay system/coding -- I'd be curious to see if anyone is else is having to do this or if there's some kinda step I've missed in the steup.....

-Rob
Have you ran the replay updates? I thought they fixed this through an update a little while back.
In god we trust, all others must pay cash.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:36 pm

As Choaf stated, have you updated your replay? All this was corrected in the updates.

If you have done the update, then please elaborate which system(s) are causing controller problems. And specify if its on a Bluetooth or usb controller. That we can recreate it and have this issue resolved quickly. I haven't had a chance to look at all changes in the cfg files.
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!

coinoptv

Post by coinoptv » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:33 pm

As Choaf stated, have you updated your replay? All this was corrected in the updates.
re: having to remap nes controller anytime I start a game

I have the latest updates as of today 7/26/18. I just tried again after updating and restarting the Dreamcade Replay software but no bueno. Here's what I'm facing .... I setup and configure my controller (I'm mainly using an NES wired knockoff one) in the Settings menu and also in the NES section. Then if I start a new NES game I always have go into the settings and remap the buttons / if I remap the buttons/controls and then quit and then start the game over it seems to reset all the controls forcing me to remap again -- quite frustrating as I want to just jump into playing games and not have to fuss over this each time.

Also - I have a wireless/Bluetooth keyboard plugged (via dongle) into my Dreamcade Replay so I can use it to type into the search. I've mostly been sticking to this one controller just to mess around with NES and Arcade games at first -- once remapped I can play the games with no issues and things run pretty good ..... well if you don't count some of the visual hiccups like things disappearing on screen and such :(

-Rob

mib66
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by mib66 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:02 pm

Just got my Replay yesterday, and the few games I've tried seems to work well with a pair of iNext wired SNES controllers.

But I'd like to go wireless, so I have a few questions

I have two X360 controllers (wireless) - can I use these as is, or do I need some type of dongle?

Same question, but for WiiU pro controllers - can I get these to work properly without a dongle?
thanks for any help!
-mib

sloanez526
Loading…

Post by sloanez526 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:29 pm

It appears that it's only letting me use one replay joystick at a time. When I try to turn on my other replay joystick it just blinks. I can only sync the second one when the first one turns off/unsyncs. Then the second one takes control. How to use both at once?

Thank you!