Re: Amazon and Bug Update

Respond to official news posts here.
Stubstub

Post by Stubstub » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:36 am

Thanks for the update. I guess I’m one of the 233. I look forward to when I get my replay. Until then I’ll just hit up the local barcade again if the retro gaming shakes get to be too strong. 😁

Pillows

Post by Pillows » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:27 am

Seems I am one of the 233 as well. I've waited this long, what's a little while longer? At least some of the bugs will be worked out by the time I get it.

Keep up the transparency with the problems. We appreciate how involved you have kept us with all the issues through suppliers, ordering, and shipping.

And to those with family emergencies I hope all goes well.

FenDiesel
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by FenDiesel » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Another one of the 233 here.

I will say that I appreciate the steps you are taking now (looking into getting the shipments back from Amazon to mail yourself). However, this should have happened weeks ago. I know people in other threads have been requesting this for awhile, and I was one of the people praising that idea. I have a hunch that I am still multiple weeks away from this product.

MerlynNY
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by MerlynNY » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:39 pm

Wow. Mike, I echo your frustration at the end of that call. There's nothing more frustrating than having an issue like your's and being told to wait even longer by Amazon while your product is in limbo out there. Sorry you are going through this.

Trevyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trevyn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Mike wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:18 am
There's 233 Replays that Amazon still hasn't shipped. Today I spent two hours on the phone with Amazon to figure out why some of the orders still haven't shipped. If have a couple hours and you'd like to listen to the call (hold music and all), you can do so here. Sort answer is, something is definitely wrong--they don't know what, but they promise to get back to me right away (which they've promised many times before, but have never followed through).

We are now looking into the possibility of canceling as many of the remaining orders as possible, and shipping them ourselves. The issue with this is that many of them seem to be stuck in "Amazon Limbo" and we aren't sure we can get them returned in a timely fashion. Without getting many of these returned we won't have enough Replays, controllers, & accessories to ship the remaining orders. Over the next couple of days we are going to see how many we need to get back and how long that will take, to enable us to ship them directly from our office. Once we figure out the best way to get the remaining 233 orders sent out, we'll post another update (probably early next week).

Bug Update:
There's two bugs that seem to be effecting a fair percentage of users:

1. Screen Tearing: While there is a quick fix for this we are working on a menu option to automatically change this setting.

2. No Sound in N64 games: Again, there's a fix for this, but we are also working on a way to change the sound plugin right from the menu.

We are working on releasing fixes for both of these issues next week, hopefully early next week for everyone in the preview program. Additionally, we've stopped taking any new orders until we get these sort of issues fixed for our backers.

Office Hours:
Unfortunately, we have 3 employees with family emergencies in addition to two that are on vacation this week. So tomorrow and Friday we are going to be at less than 1/2 staff. To make sure we can keep working on fixes, supporting backers on the boards, and such we are going to close the front office on Thursday and Friday. The only real delay will be when you e-mail us (shipping@dreamcade.com) we most likely will not get back to you this week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit WheatPasta
The audio link Mike posted is a 142MB .wav file. I was going to edit out the hold music and encode it to MP3. After I thought about it I did not want to alter anything and accidentally clip any of the conversation. Thus I just encoded it to mp3 to reduce the file size down to 24MB

You can grab the mp3 here
Discuss this here.

joesstlouis
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by joesstlouis » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:15 pm

That was quite the call. Did he end up calling Amazon back today? I know he said he would on the call.

Pillows

Post by Pillows » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:08 am

Just got my tracking info 5 hrs ago! :D Looks like the call may have done the trick?

Looks like it shipped out from Washington. I live in Michigan. How thoughtful of amazon to ship it from the furthest location to it's destination. :roll:

mviars
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Shipping update?

Post by mviars » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Was wondering if there are any updates on the remaining units still at Amazon. Last I read was about the phone call made to them last Wednesday saying they would get back to Dreamcades on the status.

joesstlouis
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Re: Shipping update?

Post by joesstlouis » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:39 pm

Based on the end of the phone call, they were going to call Amazon back last Friday.

mviars
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Re: Shipping update?

Post by mviars » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:00 pm

joesstlouis wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:39 pm
Based on the end of the phone call, they were going to call Amazon back last Friday.
Yes I did listen to that and was wondering if anything came of it.