Getting some theme ideas going

If you have any suggestions for themes on the Replay, then post them here for everyone to check out. If we like them, then we will include them at launch.
WheatPasta
Loading…

Getting some theme ideas going

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:28 am

I thought I would get some theme ideas flowing. While I am no artist I would like to mention that I use the Showcase theme by David Marti on my RetroPie. You can see it in action here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HduHb0v0G2I

I personally like themes that are darker. I have gone back and watched some of the videos of the Dreamcade, and it seems that in the menu it is just text for systems with the picture to the side. I would love to see that replaced with nice looking icons to make the theme pop.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

babbc
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Re: Getting some theme ideas going

Post by babbc » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Superman :lol: love that guy

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Also while I don't use HyperSpin myself there seems to be a lot of neat themes for it that people might be able to get some inspiration from.
Something like this for people who want a clean interface with not too much going on. Although there are a lot of good themes with a lot going on that really pull the player in just as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRKiC3KOYsg
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Loading…

Post by Mike » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Great ideas, keep it up.

Regarding other site's themes, we have plans for a converter, that would allow you to apply themes made for other front-ends. Might not make it in the first release, but we really want to add this.

-Mike

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Mike wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:32 pm
Regarding other site's themes, we have plans for a converter, that would allow you to apply themes made for other front-ends. Might not make it in the first release, but we really want to add this.
That sounds exciting. The only two that come to mind at the moment on PC are Hyperspin and Big Box Mode in LaunchBox, but I am sure there are others. I am curious to see how this tool works. I can't wait to see things get further along.

Richbjr74
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Richbjr74 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:06 pm

I use Maximus Arcade front end for pc with the Black theme. It’s a dark theme and I would love to see a theme like this on the replay. Here is a YouTube video of the Black theme.

https://youtu.be/KAksWtGrFKM

Alpharius
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by Alpharius » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Anything Old School 80's arcade will work for me!

Since STRANGER THINGS and STRANGER THINGS 2 are so popular now too, maybe something there too?
Nil nos tremefacit.

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Alpharius wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:11 pm
Anything Old School 80's arcade will work for me!
I recently found vaperwave style music and art. Looks pretty neat and 1980s inspired.
Since there was talk of theme conversion here is a RetroPie theme that fits the idea a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7caAJ04Vg

joesstlouis
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by joesstlouis » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm

Yes 80s/early 90s Arcade themed would be nice. As long as it's simple and clean that's the most important thing.

tomheroes
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by tomheroes » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:40 am

My biggest concern is not having a theme that eats up the resources. One of my biggest problems with Hyperspin and Bigbox is yeah they look cool, but they are so slow loading and can ruin the performance of the game if you are not using a good computer. The biggest selling point for me on this system is the speed and ease of moving from one game to another and from one system to another. When I watched that in the vicdeos, I was sold. I want something that my wife can easily find the games she wants to play and switch easily. That is far more important to me than if it has a Pacman or Mario theme.